- Product Listing Ads
- How Product Listing Ads Work
- Where Product Listing Ads Appear
- Why CroydonGate
Product Listing Ads
Product Listing Ads allow you to include an image, title, price, promotional message, and your store or business name inside your ads, without the need for you to create unique ads for each product you sell. Product Listing Ads show a set of relevant products for a given search.
- Product Listing Ads allow you to include an image, title, price, promotional message, and your store or business name inside your ads, without the need for you to create unique ads for each product you sell. Product Listing Ads show a set of relevant products for a given search. The ads appear in their own box on Google Search (separate from text ads), on Google search partner websites that display and link to products for sale, and on Google Shopping.
- Here’s what Product Listing Ad search results might look like after a Google search for “TVs”:
Benefits of Product Listing Ads
- More traffic:Many businesses experience significantly higher click-through Rate (CTR) with Product Listing Ads compared to text ads shown in the same location for shopping-related searches. In some cases, advertisers have experienced double or triple standard clickthrough rates.
- Better qualified leads:As a merchant, you can increase the quality of your leads by featuring product information directly in your ads to help shoppers make informed purchase decisions. This makes shoppers more likely to complete a purchase on your site.For example, when a consumer does a Google search for “TVs,” she might see Product Listing Ads like the ones shown previously. She can tell which TV fits her taste just by looking at the picture. She can also quickly see whether the TV fits her budget by looking at the price. This means that by the time she clicks on the ad, she has a good sense of the product and its cost, which puts her further down the purchasing funnel compared to the average web user.
- Easy retail-centric campaign management:Instead of keywords, Product Listing Ads use the product attributes you defined in your Merchant Center data feed to show your ads on relevant searches. Browse your product inventory directly in AdWords and create product groups for the items you want to bid on.
- Broader presence:More than one of your Product Listing Ads can appear for a given user search and, if relevant, a Product Listing Ad and a text ad can also appear at the same time. This means your reach with shoppers for a single search could double.
- Powerful reporting and competitive data:See how your products are performing at any level of granularity you want. For example, you can see how many clicks a particular brand of high-heeled shoes got just by filtering your products view — no new product groups needed. Use benchmarking data to get insights into your competitive landscape. Identify growth opportunities with impression share data and the Bid Simulator tool.
Still have a few questions? Give us a call at 215-393-9787. One of our friendly and talented team members will be glad to help. After all, it’s what we do!
How Product Listing Ads Work
Product Listing Ads use your existing Merchant Center product feed – not keywords – to decide how and where to show your ads. A product feed is a file we upload to your Merchant Center account that contains details about the products you sell. We’ll use the information in this product feed when we match a user’s search on Google Search and Google Shopping to your product listings. We recommend you always keep your product feed accurate and up-to-date.
We manage your Product Listing Ads in AdWords using Shopping Campaigns, a flexible way to organize and promote your Google Merchant Center product inventory within AdWords. Shopping campaigns give you retail-centric tools to group and bid on the products you want and powerful reporting and benchmarking tools to monitor and optimize performance.
Where Product Listing Ads Appear
Product Listing Ads appear in their own box on Google Search (separate from text ads), on Google Search Partner websites that display and link to products for sale, and on Google Shopping. They may appear at the same time as text ads, so that a single Google Search results page could show both Product Listing Ads and text ads.
Why CroydonGate for Your PLA’s?
We at CroydonGate have experts who know the various strategies that promote your PLAs with the goal of positive ROI.